Volunteers can work with students at one of our Learn Centers or help with student enrollment and testing. This is a long term commitment and not conducive to those who need to fulfill community service hours.
To become a volunteer, you must meet these qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Read at a 12th grade level.
- Be able to volunteer at least 4 hours per week.
- Make at least a nine month commitment.
- Attend 6 hours of orientation. All potential volunteers are required to attend regardless of experience or expertise.
Students await your arrival. Be a part of this worthwhile literacy effort and help change someone's life!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Literacy Volunteers of Maricopa County. Our next volunteer tutor training is on October 13 and 15, 2014 from 5pm to 8pm at the Lynn Reed Center. Please email us at email@example.com or call Nancy Byer at (602) 943-7332 Ext. 302 to RSVP.