Volunteers can work with students at one of our Learn Centers or help with student enrollment and testing. This is a long term commitment and not conducive to those who need to fulfill community service hours.
To become a volunteer, you must meet these qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Read at a 12th grade level.
- Be able to volunteer at least 4 hours per week.
- Make at least a nine month commitment.
Students await your arrival. Be a part of this worthwhile literacy effort and help change someone's life!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Literacy Volunteers of Maricopa County. Our volunteer process consists of four steps:
- Fill out a volunteer application at this link.
- Email completed application to Nancy Byer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend an interview with LVMC staff to determine the best match for your skills and our needs.
- Begin serving your community!