Volunteers can work with students at one of our Learn Centers or help with student enrollment and testing. This is a long term commitment and not conducive to those who need to fulfill community service hours.
To become a volunteer, you must meet these qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Read at a 12th grade level.
- Be able to volunteer at least 4 hours per week.
- Make at least a nine month commitment.
- Attend 6 hours of orientation. All potential volunteers are required to attend regardless of experience or expertise.
Students await your arrival. Be a part of this worthwhile literacy effort and help change someone's life!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Literacy Volunteers of Maricopa County. Please email us at email@example.com or call Nancy Byer at (602) 943-7332 Ext. 302 for information about future volunteer trainings. Future dates will also be posted on this site when they become available.