Volunteers can work with students at one of our Learn Centers or help with student enrollment and testing. This is a long term commitment and not conducive to those who need to fulfill community service hours.
To become a volunteer, you must meet these qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Read at a 12th grade level.
- Be able to volunteer at least 4 hours per week.
- Make at least a nine month commitment.
- Attend 6 hours of orientation. All potential volunteers are required to attend regardless of experience or expertise.
Students await your arrival. Be a part of this worthwhile literacy effort and help change someone's life!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Literacy Volunteers of Maricopa County. We are nearing the end of our Fiscal year and will not have more trainings until after July 2014.